Friday 5 February 2016

Resolutions

Resolutions I have made many,
But have I really fulfilled any?
This question resonates through my mind,
As I look back at the failed resolutions of all kind.

To read more of stuffs or learn a new language,
To draw more of cartoons was equally to engage.
To think less or write more,
To reach the already set personal score.

Resolutions had been many since long,
To tune in to the right channel that was wrong.
I told myself time and again,
For it wasn't the way I wanted to remain.

Years pass by and resolutions fail,
Are swept across by lazy habitual gale.
Habits and tendencies follow a pattern,
Even if redirected, tend to return.

Ages have passed since been enslaved by the mind,
I hereby resolve to tweak pattern of this kind.
A stronger leap towards a positive thought,
No more looking back and thinking what life has brought

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem...Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem...Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mamu. Need your blessings :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Mamu. Need your blessings :)

      Delete
  3. I recall being one of the first audience not only to the poem but also to it's recitation. This poem is another personal favorite of mine since it inspired the poet to nurture her poetic skills and bring it out to the world.

    ReplyDelete