Tuesday 24 May 2016

The poet in me

I felt your presence a number of times,
Heard your laughter, saw your smiles.

Did you once think you were Lucy from Dove?
Bereft of joy, happiness and love.

Having sung the melancholy tunes of life for long,
I believed you’d show up and make your presence strong.

All the varying pastels of life,
Were vivid enough to make you thrive.

Soaked by the magnum opus of Sukumar Ray and Tagore,
Sonnets by Shakespeare, Wordsworth and more.

Drenched by the runes of varying mood,
I did once wonder if you really stood.

Until the mystical evening of wonder and delight,
Where tunes danced through the air, leaving no room for plight.

The fascinating event versified by the many talents,
I found myself at “Let Poetry Be” that very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment